Tuesday, May 24, 2022

BATTERY CHARGING TIMES

Below is are charts about charging amounts and the time required for 52v 16A Hailong batteries using a Grin Technologies Satiator charger.

I am able to charge 3 batteries simultaneously by using a 3-headed connector between the charger and the batteries.

Charging 3 batteries at a time and using the same charger setting results in a much slower charging rate (trickle charge).

I use the 3-headed charger for convenience because I don't have to connect a new battery to the charger every 3 hours or so.

If you examine the charging times you should notice two things:

1. A slower charging rate results in more Ah stored in the battery. (this is important when long distance biking)

2. These batteries receive about 90% of their charge in the only 70% of the time it takes to get a full charge.

Note: This is not strictly true (but still close for reasons I will explain in a later post)

Also, I want you to examine my diary numbers. A thoughtful analysis will reveal much insight.


            1 Battery                          3 Batteries  simultaneously

 

  Time            Charge amount       Time      Charge  amount    

  60 minutes =  6.85 Ah                 180 min = 20.24 Ah

  90 minutes =  9.61 Ah                 270 min = 29.70 Ah

120 minutes = 12.49 Ah                360 min = 38.53 Ah   

150 minutes = 14.41 Ah                450 min = 46.80 Ah

180 minutes = 15.49 Ah                540 min = 48.54 Ah     

206 minutes = 15.61 Ah                570 min = 48.69 Ah                                                                              

Charge Completed                       Charge Completed

No comments:

The Lindsay Clancy Case Shows Why Civilization Must Reject Feminine “Ethics”

  The jury system cannot survive moral illogic and the refusal of objectivity JANICE FIAMENGO SEP 25, 2026 354 169 62 Share Three of the nin...